What to Look for in a Mesothelioma Attorney
If you’ve reached this page of our website, chances are you’ve either been diagnosed with mesothelioma or you’ve recently had a loved one who has been diagnosed or passed away. You’re searching for answers, medically and legally. On the legal side, finding the right attorney to speak to about your potential case is critical, and it’s not always easy.
Mesothelioma What is it & What Compensation is Available.
Mesothelioma Why Choose a Texas Attorney.
We want to provide a few examples of what you should look for as you’re evaluating law firms to handle a potential mesothelioma cancer lawsuit. These are highly specialized cases with very complex factual and legal aspects, so you’ll want to find a lawyer who knows his or her way around the challenges.
A Few Basic Questions to Ask
When you call a law firm, the first thing to remember is you don’t have to be intimidated. You’re in control. You’re the evaluating the lawyer’s attitude and credentials, and if you aren’t comfortable then you can move along to the next.
As you proceed with your attorney search, be confident about asking questions like these, which will help you become more familiar with a lawyer’s potential to represent you:
- How many mesothelioma claims has the firm handled?
- Of those, how many went all the way to trial?
- How many resulted in a trial victory or a favorable settlement without trial?
- Is mesothelioma litigation a focus for the firm, or is it something that’s more ancillary to the practice?
- Does the firm handle mesothelioma cases in federal court, state court, or both? Do they handle cases in Texas only, or nationally?
Your Goals When Interviewing Attorneys
Ultimately, the process of speaking to attorneys who you’re considering for handling your mesothelioma case should be geared toward three things:
- Getting a clear picture of the firm’s experience handling mesothelioma cases;
- Deciding whether you can be confident in the attorney/law firm’s commitment to mesothelioma litigation and their ability to effectively handle your case; and
- How the firm handles its attorney’s fees—if your case is successful, how much of the compensation will go to pay the lawyer?
Boiling it All Down
At the end of the day, choosing the right mesothelioma lawyer is all about the lawyer’s specific experience and success rate in mesothelioma cases, and how confident you are that this particular attorney has what it takes to hold someone accountable for your illness. If you believe the attorney has proven himself or herself, and you feel like you’ll be treated with respect and kindness as a client, then that’s what matters.
Our Texas Trial Lawyers Help People Who Have Been Exposed to Asbestos
Based in Dallas, the law office of Ted B. Lyon & Associates welcomes inquiries from anyone in Texas or anywhere in the country who has been exposed to asbestos. We’re also open to referrals from other attorneys. Call 1-866-503-4864 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a mesothelioma lawyer today.
By all means, please ask us all the questions on this page and more. We would be honored to have a conversation and show you why we’re the best choice in Texas.