Texas Daycare Child Abuse Lawyers
As parents, you do everything you can to keep your children safe when they are under your care and supervision. If your child is injured under the care of someone else, it can be devastating to both you and your child.
At The Law Firm of Ted B. Lyon & Associates, our lawyers help families move forward with needed compensation after a child suffers a serious injury. We handle cases of injury in day care centers, schools, foster homes and other settings throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro area.
We offer free consultations. Call us at 866-503-4864 to learn how we can help.
Was the Injury Preventable?
Most accidents involving children at day care centers are preventable accidents that someone failed to prevent. The most common cause is lack of supervision. Here are just a few examples of injuries and deaths that occur in day care settings:
- Burns caused by failure to keep children away from stoves or hot appliances
- Injuries caused by a child wandering away from the facility
- Car accidents
- Physical or sexual abuse from other children or staff members
- Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) from unsafe sleep positions
- Asphyxiation from a child becoming trapped in soft bedding, between a mattress and a wall, or between couch cushions or pillows
- Choking deaths
For an injury involving a child, our attorneys will look ahead to determine what services your child may need now and in the future to make the fullest possible recovery. In cases of wrongful death, we will do everything possible to hold the wrongdoer accountable so that other families do not have to suffer the same heartbreak.