Dallas Paraplegia And Quadriplegia Injury Attorneys
Coping with a spinal cord injury entails much more than getting through the trauma of the original accident. Emergency care, surgery and physical and occupational therapy are just the beginning of a lifetime of challenges for someone with paraplegia or quadriplegia.
At The Law Firm of Ted B. Lyon & Associates, we represent people whose injuries have left them a paraplegic or quadriplegic. We work closely with physicians and other medical professionals to learn about our clients’ needs. Life-care planners help us identify all of the medical, rehabilitation and personal services our clients require over the course of their lifetimes.
Call us at 800-TedLyon to schedule a free consultation.
Challenges Faced by Victims of Spine Injuries
Common difficulties faced by paralyzed accident victims and their close family members include:
- Ongoing neuropathic pain for many recovering accident victims
- Ongoing need for pain medication, often causing complications
- Vulnerability to urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Vulnerability to strokes, pressure sores and other complications
- A need for special adaptive durable medical equipment as well as disability accommodations in the home
- A need for an electric wheelchair — and periodic replacements over a lifetime
- A van outfitted to transport a passenger in a wheelchair
- A need for ongoing physical therapy and occupational therapy
- A need for daily services of personal care assistants
A spouse and/or other immediate family members typically experience great losses along with the accident victim. A husband or wife can often file an additional claim for damages, as a marital relationship is drastically altered.
Contact Our Mesquite Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Serving areas in and surrounding Fort Worth and Dallas, paraplegia and quadriplegia injury lawyers offer free initial consultations. Call 800-TedLyon or contact us by email to schedule a free initial consultation. One of our Texas personal injury attorneys can visit you in your home or hospital as needed.