If only insured motorists drove in the Dallas area, our streets and highways would be a lot less congested. Unfortunately, our roads are congested and nearly 15 percent of the drivers have no insurance. A much higher percentage carries only the minimum amount of required liability coverage.

Were You Hit by an Uninsured Driver?

If you are injured in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, you will need to find another way to pay your medical bills and other losses. The attorneys at The Law Firm of Ted B. Lyon & Associates offer a free initial consultation to discuss your options. We have extensive experience handling difficult accident cases in the Dallas area, including those involving uninsured and underinsured drivers.

Call us today at 877-Ted-Lyon / 877-833-5966 to learn how we can help you.

What Are My Options if the Other Driver Can’t Pay?

Two options that may be available to you include:

  • Personal injury protection (PIP) — In Texas, insurance companies are required to offer you $2,500 in PIP coverage to pay expenses such as medical bills, lost income and the cost of a caretaker. You have this coverage unless you specifically rejected it in writing. You can buy more PIP.
  • Uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) — This is coverage you buy to pay for damages if you are hit by an uninsured driver, an underinsured driver or a hit-and-run driver. In Texas, insurance companies are required to offer you UM/UIM coverage equal at least to the amount of liability coverage you carry. Unless you rejected it in writing, you have this coverage.

Given the minimum liability coverage in Texas is only $30,000 for a single person injured in an accident and $60,000 for all people injured, it makes sense to carry additional PIP and UM/UIM coverage to protect yourself and your family.

Contact Us for Help With an Uninsured Motorist Claim

To speak with one of our experienced Dallas County attorneys for accidents involving uninsured drivers, call 877-Ted-Lyon / 877-833-5966 or contact us by email.