If you have been injured in a workplace accident in Texas, you may have many questions about your legal rights and possible remedies:
- Am I eligible for compensation?
- How much am I eligible to receive?
- What happens if I can't go back to work?
- Do I need an attorney for help filing a claim?
- What happens if a co-worker caused the accident that injured me?
We can answer those questions and more when you come to our office for a free consultation. The Law Firm of Ted B. Lyon & Associates represents clients throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in work injury claims. To schedule a time to meet, complete our online contact form.
Workers' Compensation Requirements in Texas
Texas law concerning work injuries is distinct from that of many other states. Whereas many states require employers to maintain workers' compensation insurance, Texas does not have such a requirement. As a result, many injured employees are uncertain about their rights when accidents occur. Frequently, injured workers are not even certain if their employer carries workers' compensation insurance.
We Handle Work Injury Claims
We handle a wide range of work injury claims, including:
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Work-related auto accidents
- Falling objects
- Fires and explosions at work
- Chemical exposure
- Falls from heights
- Machinery and heavy equipment accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Fatal work accidents
What to Do When You Are Injured at Work
If you are injured at work, you need to take the following steps:
- Seek first aid or medical attention as soon as possible.
- Report the injury to your employer.
- Talk to a lawyer at your earliest convenience, to ensure that you take the correct legal steps going forward.
- Retain all medical records and documentation throughout your treatment.
When you work with a lawyer from our firm, we will take over and handle every detail of your case. This will allow you to focus on healing after your injury or illness. We will answer any questions you have along the way. You won't be left wondering or waiting about the status of your case.
Contact Us — Free Consultation
To speak with one of our experienced Dallas work injury attorneys, call 866-576-3748 or contact us by email. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Home and hospital consultations are available if you are unable to visit our office.